Happy Easter everyone. For Easter, some of you go to Easter Service and some have Easter Egg Hunts in your neighborhoods with family and friends. Well, I'm here to tell you of my Easters in the past. {Like way back to childhood.} First off, I will say my parents never got us Easter baskets filled with candy, toys, books or stuffed animals. Now looking back on it they probably weren't raised getting Easter baskets either.
When I was little around 5 or so my parents would take us to Easter Sunday service at church. We would learn about Jesus dying for us and all that other stuff. {I promise I'm not knocking church goers!} Well this ended when I was around 8. After we moved I guess my parents didn't see the need for us to go to church. So every Easter after that until we got "too old" we would have Easter Egg Hunts in our neighborhood and at my grandpa's along with a great Easter dinner.
In 8th grade my parents introduced us into the church again explaining that we weren't baptized as babies and they thought it should be our choice if we wanted to be baptized or not. We {my sister and I} wanted to. So in 8th grade my sister and I along with a friend in our neighborhood took confirmation classes and were baptized. After that I went to many Easter Services with friends.
Today, I don't celebrate Easter. Maybe one day when I have kids I will tell them all about my Easters and start new traditions {Easter baskets} with them but for right now, I'll gather ideas for what i want my kids to know about Easter and file them away.

No comments:
Post a Comment