Views on Religion
I don't actually go to church anymore but that doesn't mean I don't have my moments when I feel like I need to be with God. The boyfriend wasn't raised to believe in anything. His parents thought him figuring things out for himself was the way to go. He wasn't fed the bible or that Satan is real. I on the other hand was taken to church and fed the bible.
I am Methodist and was baptized in 8th Grade after learning about the Bible and without my parents forcing me. They felt it was our choice if we wanted to be baptized or not. Now, even after being baptized and knowing the Word, I even question if there really is a higher power. {I guess I've always wondered this even while going to church but never fully questioned it until I stopped going.}
I'm not saying that anyone should give up their beliefs and what they think is right. I'm just saying for me, things have been shown to me that make me question this and that I still have moments where I want to read the Bible. Everyone has their own opinion {isn't that why we live in the United States? Freedom of religion and speech.} I'm just really questioning mine, I guess. I guess this is apart of becoming independent and learning to think and grow on your own.

No comments:
Post a Comment