Discuss Your First Love and First Kiss
First off I want to say that I can't believe it is already Day 10! I can't believe I'm a third of the way done with this challenge. To say this has gotten my blogging brain going would be an overstatement. This really isn't helping to get the "juices flowing" but it is still fun! Maybe after school is over and I'm at my internship {still pending} I will have more things to blog about.
Anyway! On with today's challenge. I will say that my first love and my first kiss were NOT the same person. {I'm actually sort of re-leaved about that.} They were both in High School though. {Not that any of that matters.}
My first kiss was with my "second" boyfriend when I was a freshman in high school. I put second in quotes because it was one of these things where you aren't really serious but think you might be and I was just a kid and really didn't know any better. My "boyfriend" at the time was a junior in high school so we went to separate schools. We met in marching band. He played the baritone and I was in colorguard. One day we were saying good bye so I could ride the shuttle bus that took the freshmen and sophmores to another school. A friend of mine was yelling out the window as we were saying good bye. She was saying kiss him. {We were a little nervous. We obviously had an audience.} We looked at each other and thought what the hell and we went for it. To say it was magical and romantic is an understatement. I don't really remember it but I'm guessing it was kind of sloppy. First kisses aren't usually the best. It takes practice to get things right.
My first love was a mutual friend of friends I had. We met of all places at my {ex} friends church. He was friends with my friends {ex} fiance. I was going to see the play my friend was in and he just happened to be there. We met said hello and then went on our merry way with different friends. It wasn't until another friend of mine introduced us that we actually started hanging out. This was senior year of high school and we were together for 5 years.
This was the most serious relationship I had ever had. We hung out as much as possible. But, after high school I moved to Kansas for college and he went to Missouri for Basic Training {He's in the Army.} We wrote a TON of letters and talked on the phone every Sunday {that was the only day they were allowed phone calls.} After he got back from Basic and I finished my first year of college we spent almost all summer together. Then I went back up to Kansas for another year of college. We made it through two and a half rough years and I thought he and I were going to be together forever. We could feel that that was supposed to happen. For my third year of college I went to a State school in Oklahoma and he got shipped off to Afghanistan. The summer before that I went to visit him in Louisiana for 4th of July. We got engaged that weekend. I was in heaven. He spent a year and a half deployed and I went to school. The day he got back I was so happy. I had moved back home and was going to our local Community College. I got to see him everyday since I was living at home. He ended up getting an apartment in 2006 and I moved in with him at the beginning of 2007. I didn't realize how much we had changed in the year and a half we were apart. We were heading in two different directions {even though I didn't want to see it.} I ended out relationship in October of 2007.
The one great thing {person} I got out of this relationship is Buddy. He has been by my side from the first day we I got him. He is the one of the loves of my life. My ex and I never got married. We never actually planned a wedding {even though I did buy a wedding dress. It's still hanging in my closet until the big day comes.}
I am very, very grateful that he and I didn't get married. We would have been miserable and we both don't believe in divorce so we would have been in it for the long haul.
I am SO happy with my life now! Even though I still have a ton to figure out, I am happy with my boyfriend and where I am. Things are a little scary with graduation being next weekend and not having an internship yet. But, I know I'm headed in the right direction and on the right path.

1 comment:
Sweet Maggie, I've enjoyed catching up with where you've ended up through your blogging. I've been debating about this for a while but I'd like to offer a little unsolicited advice as someone who does hiring for a company, if that's okay? While you are sending resumes out for internships (and then full time jobs) you really should make your blog (and Facebook, etc) private. All companies these days immediately look up potential hires on social media before even bringing them in for an interview. In today's competitive job market, we've used typos in blog posts, and the like, as a way to help narrow the field. It's harsh, but it's the unfortunate truth. Once you find a position, then open it back up to the public, if you're interested in developing a larger blog following. I truly hope you find the dream job you're looking for! Never stop reaching for what will really make you happy.
Also, sell the wedding dress. :) Those memories don't need to stay locked up in your closet while you try to move forward. When the time comes, you'll want to pick a dress imagining your future husband watching you walk down the aisle in it. You'll be stunning and it will be a special moment that you both know you planned just for him.
Post a Comment