I am starting to read a book of the bible every week and getting together with a friend to discuss what book we read that week. I approached her about this yesterday and she thinks it's a great idea. I have been wanting to get closer to God and get back to my faith but I've always "been too busy". Well, not any more! I am hoping/wanting this to be a time where we can just talk about things we're feeling and why things happen when they do while I'm getting closer with God and learning more about myself. This is another step to changing me and to making my life better. We are starting with the book of John which is really quite hard for me. Anytime I hear that name {no matter in what context} I get bad vibes and want to run and hide or avoid all situations having to deal with this "topic". I know things will get better and I have to bury these feelings and move on and ultimately rise above everything in my past. This is why I am wanting to get closer to God. I know He can help me through anything.


No comments:
Post a Comment