Tuesday, December 4, 2012

November Birchbox Review

November Birchbox Review {In December!!!}

 Yes, that's right. I just now received my November Birchbox. But I'm not complaining! I was "compensated" 100 Brichbox Points for my delayed box. Plus, after reviewing all 6 of my products I will have over 200 points!

Now on with the box!

 
First Look
 
 The Info Card


Twistband {6-pack $10, 12-pack $18}: I was SUPER excited to get this in my box! I have heard so many great things about these ties. I actually wore this to work today and it was great! It didn't pull on my hair and I didn't even notice it was there. These are a must have.

Color Club 'Put A Pin In It' Nail Polish {Full size, $8}: This polish is great for the holidays. It has a pinkish gold shine to it and would look great with any outfit. Mini/sample size polishes are great because you can use up the whole bottle with out it sitting and getting "glumpy".
 

Shea Terra Organics 'Whipped Shea Butter Creme' in Bananas & Baobabs {$5.50/ounce}: I'm not a huge fan of banana scent but this lotion is the real deal! I put a small amount on before work tonight and haven't needed to reapply. {That's around 8 hours of smooth non-dry hands.} This is a WIN in my book. I will be buying this in a different scent though.
 
John Varvatos Artisan: Once a saw that this cologne was going to be in my box, I went to Ulta and had to see what it smelled like. On first smell I will say I'm not a fan. I will still be giving this to the boyfriend for him to try out. Maybe it will smell better on an actual person.
 
 
 ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss {$16}: I was very surprised to see a full sized product in my box. It was not expected. I tried this lip gloss out and I am really liking it! It has a fruity scent to it and it doesn't have a lot of shimmer to it like other lip glosses have.

Kerastase Masque Chroma Rich {Full size, $61}: I will be trying this out tomorrow. I received 2 samples of this. This is a little steep pricewise for something for color-treated hair {at least I think it is} but, if it actually works I will be thinking about getting a full size of this. {Keep getting those free points!}

That's what was in my box for November. Next month's box should be on schedule and a review for it will be sometime during the middle of the month. I will say that for this being my second box, this was not a disappointment and Birchbox really came through for their customers who received their boxes after the promised ship date of the 26th due to Hurricane Sandy.

If  you subscribe to Birchbox, what did you get? If you don't subscribe, I have no idea why not! My boxes have been well worth the $10 I pay for them and this is a great way to find new products. Plus, with reviews, points and the ability to earn FREE stuff who wouldn't want to join!
 

No comments: