Saturday, September 10, 2011

Getting Organized

I am horrible at getting organized or keeping things orderly. I never put things where they should go. They always end up on the floor in little piles or on my desk {which I never use!} Well, this school year will be different. I have taken the first of MANY steps to getting {and hopefully staying} organized!

While I was wasting away time browsing Pintrest I came across many different takes on the Home Binder. Well, I don't technically have a home to upkeep or a family for that matter. So, I made a School Binder. After "pinning" many different types of Home Binders and printing off many different planner sheets {3 different types; all 1 months worth.} I finally figured out how to make and customize my own daily planner sheets! {I know. LOTS of wasted paper on my part!} I saw this planner page set up and this home binder how-to {you have to do a little searching for this. It's a free e-mailed download} and dove right in! I printed out one sheet of this planner and tweaked it to my liking. I even made the little boxes! {Easy to do in Word.} 

So, here is MY School/ "Home" Binder {In pictures}



 Clear Zipper Pouch for loose items {Idea came from here}


Time Tracker pages to see where I waste time. {I printed out 3 of these and use them for each day I have different schedules. ie. school day, work day {exclude Sunday} and no work/no school.} These are from here.

Tab folders with pockets lets me keep my loose papers in easy reach.

A calendar {borrowed from here} is at the beginning of each month of daily planning pages. {These are blue} 

After the monthly calendar I have a weekly overview. I printed off 5 of these to give them a test run. I may or may not use them. {These are found here. These are printed on regular paper.}

My daily planner pages are printed on cardstock {each month is a different color. This was adapted from the planner page above. It fits my schedule and what I need to do.} It has the day and a place for the date, a check list for the day, my agenda or schedule for the day, what I need to do for school and notes {details of what's due in my classes.}

The cardstock makes it colorful and more fun! {Plus no wasted paper or colored ink!}

I have a folder for each class I'm in and one for notes

These pages are for notes specific to my classes. {Each class has a page.} These can be found here.

Important papers or things/projects that are due soon go in the front pocket and course syllabus' go in the back pocket.


This is my notes section. It's used/will be used for officer meetings and extracurricular things.

A lot of my printables came from here. These were the most straight forward and easy to use. Plus there are more detailed printables for your liking.

No comments: